Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scenic City Trail Marathon

May 21st I lined up for my 3rd Scenic City Marathon. http://www.rockcreek.com/trailmarathon.rco This race is always hard to for me to live up to my own expectations since I know what I am capable of on the course and what I've delivered in the past, but it is what it is and simply being healthy enough to come out and be able to run on beautiful single track trails really IS what it's all about in the end.


With that said.... today I ran a 4:11 on the two loop course. 8th female and 45th overall out of a field of 175. Not my best time by 13 minutes or so, but I am on the road to recovery healthwise and am looking forward to ramping things up later in the year.


Congrats to fellow Rock/Creek Race Team member and friend Sarah Woerner for her win today in the women's field!