Saturday, September 25, 2010

Big South Fork 17.5 Mile Trail Race

Big South Fork is a place I've always wanted to see... so I figured going up and doing a trail race in the park was probably one of the best ways to see it! Let's face it... 17.5 miles is a very manageable distance compared to what I usually run and it is so much fun to explore new trail too.


Prior to the race I had been having some issues with the back of my heels and had backed off running a bit. I thought the issue had mostly resolved itself, but I would find that was not the case about mile 5 of the race. In addition to that... I was having one of those days where it felt like I was running with two left feet. Somehow I managed to roll in with a decent time and a 6th overall female finish. Later I found out that I had indeed earned an award and luckily my friend John Meek (who ran his longest distance yet that day) was still there for the awards ceremony and picked the award up for me.
Hopefully next year I will make it back up for this race and feel like I am running a bit stronger by then too! The race course covers some amazing terrain and views. http://www.ktc.org/RaceBigSouthFork.html

No comments: