Saturday, May 29, 2010

McMinnville Triathlon

Early on Saturday May 29th myself, Trey, and Xian headed over to the McMinnville Triathon in McMinnville TN. http://www.team-magic.com/events/mcminnville/index.html It is a sprint triathlon that is loads of fun before, during and after the race.

This year I would go to support a good friend and client... Nik Meeks. It would be his first triathlon. Not to mention... this distance race was good for me so I could remember what it is like to race short and faster distances in the world of triathlon. In addition to myself racing... Xian would participate in the Small Fry Tri.


The swim is a 200 meter pool swim. I'm okay with that as this pool in enormous and gives plenty of room for swimming in a TT start format. The bike is an 11 mile trek on rollers and is for the most part pretty fast. The run is a 2 mile fast course with only slight rollers.


I finished up 6th overall female and 2nd in my age group. Not bad for me since my short distance triathloning has been a thing of the past for a while now. These short ones are good for keeping me on my toes!


Nik finished up quite well also. I was so proud of him for doing his first tri ever!!! Next is the Waterfront Triathlon for him! Others from Chattanooga included Truman Smith and Charlie (in the picture above).






No comments: