Thursday, May 14, 2009

Motivation found at Gulf Coast 1/2 Ironman.....

So... it's been a while since I last posted. Been busy with LOTS of trail running and working on speed! Hopefully it's all gonna pay off in the long run.


May 9th I competed in the Gulf Coast 1/2 Ironman with very little bike or swim fitness. For once... I was ready for that grueling hot run though! The swim was terrible.. I'm pretty sure that was the worst swim time I've EVER posted in my life. Maybe it was the 6-7 foot swells?! Maybe it was the lack of swimming on my part?! The bike went very well to my amazement. Ended up pulling off a 20.5mph average for the 56miles. The run was solid, but I could have most likely gone faster with some bike fitness under my belt! Ended up with 9th in my division and walk away from the awards ceremony with my first EVER award from this huge event that attracts the best from all across the country! Sooo.. I'm a happy camper.


Maybe next time I won't sign-up last minute and will have put more than 5-6 rides in and more than 4-5 swims in. Good news is that this event has motivated me to get back on the bike get back in the water too!




No pictures from the race. Enjoy the ones we took at the beach instead!

No comments: