Friday, March 6, 2009

David Meek... The trails will never be quite the same without you....

I am still digesting this terrible news. David Meek was killed this morning commuting into work on his bicycle. He was hit by a truck on Ashland Terrace. He... of all people... would have been the last one I'd ever imagined this would have happened to as he preached and practiced safe cycling and lit himself up like a Christmas tree when riding in the dark or overcast weather.

He was kind, encouraging, generous and loved life... living every minute of it to the fullest. There is no doubt in my mind that he had a positive impact on the lives of those he was around. I know that he made me want to be a better person, friend and athlete. I guess what I'm trying to say is... he was one of the good guys.

We ran alot on the trails together and had many deep conversations about life and so forth. He listened and gave advice when he thought it was needed. He also loved to talk about his family... that man loved his family. I think he loved just about everything... family, friends, nature and adventure.

David Meek... I will miss you. See you at that big finish line in the sky one day my friend.

No comments: