Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just me, the boys and my new socks.....

Yep... tonight the weather was ify... so it was just me, Sergio, Joey, Kevin and Warren. It's been a while since I was the only girl on the Wednesday night run. Back in the day... it was very common for me to be the only girl, but I think the guys think of me as "one of the guys" regardless. In fact.... I've been told that I don't count as a girl before. Not sure if that's a compliment or not!

We decided to run the grave yard instead of the usual trails at Stringer's Ridge since the rain was so heavy today and it was still misty out. We figured the trails were a muddy mess. Not that I minded getting dirty, but the group vote wins!

This would be my second day to try out my new socks! Yes.... I love them so much that I wore them on yesterday's run and tonight's run too. Don't worry... they don't stink... they are wool! They are Injinji's and I'm hooked. These are probably not for everyone...and are either you like em or you don't type thing. Well.... I like em! I think they will save me from some toe blisters at minimum! http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/outdoor.htm

2 comments:

cheryl said...

those socks sort of scare me. I don't know why, but they do! I can see the blister prevention - with a 100k coming up, you don't want those! woohoo, you have been rocking the trails lately - keep it going!

SNAKE said...

I cannot ever imagine you as "one of the guys"
SNAKE