Sunday, November 23, 2008

A cold start, but a great day.......

Today our group ran on the Cumberland Trail (Rock Creek Segment) http://www.cumberlandtrail.org/rock.html The temperatures were cold when we started and we were all dressed with gloves, toboggans, tights and vest. It didn't matter to me how much clothing was required... I was running no matter what. If I don't get my time on the trail.... I tend to get grouchy!



Once we were a couple of miles in... I unzipped my vest to cool-down a bit. Sure didn't take long to warm-up! The leaves were thick and this always makes it harder to maneuver over unknown objects below such as rocks, roots and more..... a small price to pay for a run on beautiful trails. I've learned to proceed with caution in the fall and winter months in order to avoid injuring myself.....so....it's all good.


We stopped at one of the overlooks for a quick break to enjoy the scenery (picture attached). Then once we arrived at the new bridge I had to have pictures of that too! Last week when I ran through there I was running in a race so I didn't get the camera out and really walk around to inspect this incredibly constructed beauty. Before this bridge was there it was almost impossible to cross the creek without getting drenched. Now it's so easy!

Our total time running on the trail today was around 3.5 hours. This did not include some of the times we stopped to "play" along the way. Trey and Sergio even stopped at one point to do some rock climbing! Wow... what a fun day!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

are you carrying a bag of oranges? ;-)

Dreama said...

No... that's part of my pack.....