Thursday, October 9, 2008

First night run of the season.....

Last night a group of us hit the trails on Signal. We ran out to Edwards Point and from there hit the Cumberland Trail winding us around and then back onto the Jeep Road we had run in on. My time on the trail was like 1:40. I'm not going to lie.... It was tough.... I felt the 50K from Saturday on my legs the whole way back as there just wasn't any power to tap into! About 2miles from the finish the darkness was setting in... and I had left my headlamp at home! Doh! Luckily I was able to see fairly well and made it in without tripping or falling. I think the total distance for our run was over 9miles.


This morning I ran 5miles with a client and now I'm thinking tomorrow MIGHT make a good "off day" from running! It's important for me to recover fully from the 50K.... as I've signed up for a trail marathon on Nov. 2nd called the Mystery Mountain Marathon http://www.getguts.com/e-mmm.shtml

No comments: