Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mountain Biking 101.....

This morning I met Harry on Raccoon Mountain for some Mountain Biking 101. We started from the East Overlook and went counter clockwise over to the Visitor's Center. From there we went down the rock drops and made our way full circle.






During the ride we would stop at areas that would "stump" me for a little "how to clinic". That helped so much! Thank-you Harry. I tried things today that I wouldn't have dare tried a week ago! Also... while we were out there we ran into Paul Van Kooten and talked with him briefly about the rock drops and the technicality of them.
The weather was seemingly perfect as the skies were overcast and the temperature was just right.







Now.... I get to rest up for my trail run tomorrow!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

sweet! so glad you are enjoying the mountain biking. see you at xterra next year!?

Dreama said...

ha ha.... I'm not EVEN ready for that!, but it'd be cool to do someday.... that's for sure!

mtobikes said...

Always a good idea to have someone to ride with...especially if that someone can offer helpful tips.