Friday, September 19, 2008

A great day for a mountain bike ride.....

Today I met a good friend (Michael Hawkins) for a mountain bike ride on Raccoon Mountain. We could not have gotten better weather had we ordered it up special from Mother Nature! It was perfect. Starting out I was very nervous and tense, but I finally loosened up a bit and with Mike's help was becoming a little braver. He talked me through some tough spots and also explained the importance of using smaller gears. Anyone who has ever ridden with me knows that I like to pull the "big ring" alot! After I became acustomed to using the smaller ring it did seem easier and some of the rocks that stumped me before.... did not this time. Granted.... I still have a long way to go, but today was a huge leap forward!

A BIG thanks to Mike for the mountain bike lesson today! He really is a great teacher and made it look so easy and effortless!

No comments: