Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Race, Rain and Regret.......


I have much regret today after doing my first race since Ironman Arizona. My fitness must be at a all time low! I was totally unprepared, untrained and out of excuses. The "I just did an Ironman" excuse has worn out it's welcome and it's time to get serious (I mean really serious) again. The weather was less than desirable, but this certainly does not dimiss the fact that I was not ready for this race. It began raining on the swim and rained/drizzled the entire bike and run. At one point during the run it appeared to be flash flooding as puddles were building by the second. I am thankful for this wake-up call and intend to get busy!


2 comments:

cheryl said...

those early season ironman races are tough - not only do they toast you for early races, they also mentally burn you out from that long winter of training hard , a lot of it solo. But hey, its all for fun. You should go have some coldstone creamery (my answer to anytime I feel a little miffed at myself), and then the second half of your season starts anew.

Dreama said...

Yeah.... I'm seeking redemption at the next race for sure! Ice cream might work too!