Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ouch.... I forgot what that felt like.....


So Joey and I have decided that we'd take over the Wednesday night runs since our friend Farmer has decided he will be putting running on the back burner for now. I sent out an e-mail with very short notice and we had a total of 6 runners show up at Booker T Wednesday night. Not too shaby.


I had forgotten what "ouch" felt like till this run as Joey was pacing us a quite a fast pace for the whole 6 miles! My legs felt fine for the first 4.5miles and then the wheels started coming off. I've got alot of work to do in the speed department, but runs like this will help me get there.... I'm aware of that. Isn't it amazing how I can run for hours on end at a decent pace, but taking it up a notch or two just wreaks havock on my poor lil legs! Quote my words "I'm making a comeback". It might be a slow progress, but I'll get there.


Tonight Trey and I have a speedwork session planned at the track. Hopefully I'll be able to get through that okay!

No comments: