Friday, April 25, 2008

Sedona, AZ........





































Sedona, AZ is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Take a look at these pictures and I think you'll agree with me.

Saturday morning we arrived at the Pink Jeep headquarters for our 3 hour tour. We lucked out and got an excellent tour guide who was very informative on Sedona history, geology and more. We learned about the different layers of rock and eras in which they occured and in addition to a great lesson we went for an awesome 4x4 Jeep adventure! Later that afternoon.... Trey and I rented some mountain bikes and hit some trails. Wow.... Sedona has some of the greatest trails I've ever seen and they are everywhere! The rest of Saturday was spent haging out at the pool and shopping. That night Trey and I took the kids to a great restaurant called Cowboy Club. This was the best food I had while in Arizona.

Sunday morning we drove over to Oak Creek Canyon for a light hike along the creek. After this we did a bit more shopping and grabbed some lunch and we were set to head out. On the way from Sedona to Phoenix we stopped to see a chapel built in the rocks and the Montezuma Castle. Both of these were very much worth the tiny detour we had to take in order to see them.

No comments: