Monday, April 28, 2008

Go Xian Go!.........


Yesterday we took Xian to the Scenic City Triathlon so he could do his second race ever. The course for the little ones was a run/bike/run. The weather was bad (rainy and overcast), but this did not stop Xian from being ultra-competitive. It was so cool to see that look of determination on his face. The last time he was so new to racing that he didn't know what to think of it all. Now he knows what he's gotta do..... and he LOVES it! With that said Xian took home first place for his age group! This morning on the way to school he asked "when is my next race?". How cool is that?!


While we were there we learned that my brother had done the race.... placing 3rd in his age group. Very nice! Also.... my friend Cat won the Athena division! I am so proud of her as she has been taking my advice on training for this event!


For me.... it was a tough decision not to do this race, but I am still recovering from Ironman. I must keep telling myself this.... atleast for another week or two.........

No comments: