Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Speedwork again!.... 32 days and counting.....


I just finished up another speedwork session at the track. Though this is a "rest" week.... you wouldn't know it by today's schedule. The track workout consisted of 10min warm-up, 5 x 30sec strides w/ 10sec walk & 50sec jog between sets..... 3 x 1mile in zone 4 w/ 30sec walk & 1min jog...... the rest was cool-down to equal 1:05 total run time. I snuck over to the Red Bank track to avoid any embarassment and/or large crowds. Decided to take this one on solo, but I'll definitely be calling for back-up next Wednesday as it looks to be worse than last week's session. I felt good once finished, but wondered early on in the workout if I was gonna be able to do it at all. Dug deep and got through it..... Did I mention it supossed to be "rest" week????


Earlier today I put in my time at the pool and completed a serious session of core/strength training. Total time at gym was around 2 hours.


Race day is getting close. I've got to stay mentally and physically strong....though...I know it will be challenging next week due to another long hard week of workouts on the books. I'll try not to whine too much.......

No comments: