Monday, March 17, 2008

It's PEAK WEEK..... 28 days and counting.....







So.... I've been informed by Carole that this week is "Peak Week". I think "Peak Week" is code for: run, ride and swim till you die! While today is an off/rest day..... the rest of the week is quite the opposite. I have thoroughly enjoyed my off day today and ended it very nicely this afternoon with a much needed massage.



Yesterday I had a great run with Joey & friends up at Foster Falls http://www.friendsofscsra.org/aboutthepark.htm and totalled 16.5 miles. Unfortunately my battery in the digital camera was dead..... so no pictures to show. : ( It was beautiful as the recent rainfall provided plenty of water for the falls. After our run Trey and I headed to pick up my mom and kids and went for a 7.5 mile hike as preparation for the hike into the Grand Canyon after Ironman. We hiked the Cumberland Trail Possum Creek Segment. http://www.cumberlandtrail.org/possum.html Would you believe I found a tick on Xian last night? Who woulda thought those little critters were out this early in the year? I did get some pictures from the hike and have posted them above.


This week is going to be tough. I've got back-up coming on Wednesday night for my speed workout at the track. It looks as if it'll be the worst one yet. I'll need the extra smack talk to get through it!

No comments: