Thursday, March 27, 2008

Emotions run high...... 18 days and counting....


Last night I finished my last "hard" speed workout session at the track. I snuck over to the Red Bank track so I could complete this one without seeing anyone I knew (less stressful)... and I knew I could focus a bit more with no distractions. I started with a 10min warm-up and then went straight into 5 x 20sec strides followed by 10sec walk, 30sec jog. After the strides I did 6 x 1mile repeats followed by 30sec walk, 1min jog. When these were complete.... I did a 10min cool down and finished up with some drills. On the way home I found myself in tears as it began to sink in that this was the last real "hard" workout that I would do before Ironman. As crazy as it seems.... I was mourning over knowing this whole Ironman journey is about to end. Trey says my hormones must be out of wack.... he said "you should be celebrating.... it's almost over!".


Earlier in the day yesterday I completed my 1 hour core/strength session and 1 hour in the pool. I decided to try the new full sleeve wetsuit out. WOW.... it felt as if I were floating on top of the water. Took a bit to adjust to, but I think it's gonna work great. I checked the water temperature in Tempe Town Lake.... it's 60 degrees.....YIKES!


I cannot explain the nervousness I am experiencing right now. Joey and I had a long conversation last night and this did help ease up the feelings of anticipation, worries and stress I've been feeling the past couple of weeks. He reminded me that all I have to do is go out there and give it my all. If things happen that are out of my control.... I've just got to roll with it and do the best I can. Thanks Joey.... you do have a way of putting things into perspective sometimes. And thanks to all my family and friends for putting up with me through this crazy training and all the moaning and bitching that came with it.

3 comments:

WarKitty said...

Try to remember to have some fun too, while you're there!

markmcomie said...

Keep it up you are almost there! I can't wait to read the race report.

Dreama said...

Thanks guys!