Monday, March 24, 2008

Crazy weather in March..... 21 days and counting....

Woke up to snow on the roof tops and a light dusting on the ground. Crazy! Saturday we were riding with short sleeved jerseys and I even got a bit of sun. Who knows what kind of weather we are gonna get around here next.......

Saturday Cat and I rode out to Flintsone from my house and met up with Rick, Chris and 3 gals from Indiana (Kim, Cheryl and Angela). I had met Kim last year when she was in town for a trail race and we did some riding/running together during her stay. She decided to come down to Chattanooga for Spring Break to enjoy the weather, mountains and river city. Guess she may have been shocked with the little cold snap we had last night! As the guide.... I decided to take them up Hwy 136 up Lookout. Once on top we rolled across the top to Mountain Cove and made our descent there. There was a terrible head wind on the way back so we pacelined taking 30sec-1min pulls each. It worked quite nicely. After we dropped them off.... Cat and I made our way back home and I tooled around on my bike for a bit longer to get in some extra time. I totalled 6.5 hours for the day. Not bad.... this would free me up on Easter since I got the long ride in today.

Sunday..... I woke up to much cooler weather. I met Cat, some of the guys and our new friends from Indiana at the Red Bank Bi-Lo for some more ride time. I opted to roll out from my house for the extra time in the saddle. I had 40 miles of company on the ride and finished up the rest solo. 4 hours of ride time. I decided not to run afterwards due to it being Easter and all, but I will make up for that tonight.

Good news is..... Last week was the last hard week! Bad news is..... raceday is riciculously close!!!

3 comments:

WarKitty said...

What happened to "you need a rest day?"


YOU need a rest day!!

Dreama said...

Is that the POT calling the KETTLE black that I hear???? : )

WarKitty said...

Hey, I'm *taking* my rest day.


YOU on the other hand lectured me for 15 minutes yesterday about it and listen to you now.... planning to ditch yours to make up for a run!


Hello KETTLE!