Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 149.....







Well.... the work-out weekend is over. And it was a tough one, but I ecpected that.



Today I ran trails on Signal Mountain for 3 hours with some friends. We had few groups with options for short, medium and long runs. Since I was going long.... Joey & Sergio went the full monty with me. Cathi did most of this with us and only cut off a mile or two. It worked out pretty well. After I had lunch I headed to the pool for my 1.5 hour swim and after that I went to a friends birthday party downtown.



Yesterday I rode for 4 good hours on a very challenging course. We went down Mullen's Cove Road (aka 1,000 dog road). It's basically worse than doing a mountain climb as it has crazy elevation gain! It was COLD to say the least. Heading out of the parking lot I was suited up with 4 pair of gloves, hand warmers, toe covers, shoe covers and toastie toes. I think I had on 22 articles of clothing.... WOW. During the ride I only shed one pair of gloves too! After the ride Cat and I headed over to Suck Creek Road for trash pick-up. Yes.... We (The VeloVixens) have adopted a 2 miles stretch of road and will be doing trash pick-up 4 times a year. A good thing... I think. It's truly amazing the trash people throw out along side the road! Hopefully we will make a dent in it, but there are so many places we ride that trash is rampant. It makes me sad to see it.



I've included some pictures from the weekend for your viewing pleasure......



I'm off to get some rest......

No comments: