Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merrry Christmas!




















Woke up this morning not feeling so great....Sore throat and congestion. Strange....as I felt fine yesterday. Makes me wonder if the bronchitis is creeping back up on me. Decided to proceed with the training and do an easy bike ride with Cat and my dad. Wow.... hardly any traffic out. That was nice for a change. Cold and overcast..... actually ended up raining somewhere around 1:00-2:00 this afternoon. Was also due a 50 minute run, but considering I've been feeling progressively worse all day.... I opted to not do the run in the cold rain. Hopefully whatever this is that I've got will go away quickly.

It's been a busy past few days as far as the training schedule goes. Some of the more crazy things include:

*Friday's 4.5 hour ride with Rick. We went up Hwy 136 on the Dade County side and came back down Scenic Hwy. Both of us rode from our houses in North Chattanooga.

*Saturday's 4 hour ride with Cat, Anna and the No Knuckle Heads. After that one I ran for an hour afterwards. My legs felt like a Mack Truck ran over them that night! Riding back to back long days is tough enough and throwing in a run on top of it was pure torcher! I'm sure Coach Carole knows what she is doing though.

Pictures above show how we were in the "holiday spirit" for our ride on Saturday.

No comments: