Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 79 What a beautiful day!




Wow! What a weekend!

Yesterday I rode with Cat and the boys. We did a long ride up Suck Creek and then came back Mullen's Cove Road (a.k.a 1,000 dog road). I wasn't feeling quite as strong as I would have liked, but I blame that on being sick with bronchitis for over a week. Perhaps this caused me to "loose" some fitness....who knows.

Today I rode again with Cat and the boys. Monica and Trey came along for this one too. This time we ventured off road. Only my 2nd or 3rd time on the mountain bike. I did see some huge improvements over the last time on the trail though....so that's good. Our total time out there was 2:45. That's a long time for me on a mountain bike! Afterwards I drug Cat out with me for a 40 min trail run. Amazingly... I felt damn good for some strange reason. This afternoon I went and spent an hour at the pool to top the weekend off.
Ever hear the saying "a picture is worth 1,000 words"? The picture above is our friend Pat after his wreck on the trail. To his credit.....others wrecked here too. After I witnessed the wrecks...I decided I'd just push up this rock.

I've peeped at next week's schedule and I must say it looks pretty stout. I'm not complaining.....I'll make it.

2 comments:

WarKitty said...

Yeah, you were smokin that run. I was just trying to survive it and there you were just bouncing along fresh as a daisy.

Dreama said...

what doesn't kill us makes us stronger....right! By the time that triathlon rolls around in April...you'll be strong as an OX! Keep up the hard work...you are doing great!