Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday August 9th

Well... it's been hot as hell for the past few days.... Temperates up to 102-103! This isn't even factoring in the heat index or humidity! With this said... I've had to modify work-out times.... swaping evening runs for morning ones. Yesterday and today my friend Michelle and I started running at 6:00am... temps both days were around 85 degress. Who would have thought it would have been so warm that early in the day!

Today was special for me. It was an attempt at speedwork for the first time in quite a while. We started our run with a warm up through the park... then made our way over to the track. Easy around the curves, hard on the straights x 6. We finished up with a cool down going over the Walnut Street Bridge then back across the Market Street Bridge. I have a real long hard road ahead of me as far as running is concerned, but I must keep at it since IM Arizona is looming!

Tonight I am going to attempt a bike ride with some friends.

No comments: